Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem running IDEAS NX 10m3 in windows xp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

feadude

Mechanical
Dec 23, 2003
US
I just installed ideas nx 10 and then ideas 10m1 and ideas 10ms (ideas 10m2 is supposed to be included in ideas 10m3) as upgrades. I get the following message:

internal security error : -97
you can not connect to the IDEAS flexlm lock server. please review your license file and resource locking configuration.

Can anybody please help?
thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you running a license cut specifically for your Server, ie. the top line of your license file includes your Server's HostID or are you running a demo license where the HostID "ANY" is in the top line of the license file.

The latter won't permit you to cut a takehome license.

It's unlikely that secDB.dat is corrupt if I-DEAS is running correctly.

Hi everybody
ive just installed IDEAS 8 on my personal pc. i have win XP pro on my machine
when i want to launch the program i got an error indicating team lock server type is configured in appropriatly or it is not exist at all.
where can i set the type of lock server?

I finally got a hostid and IDEAS is runnig. Thank u for ur help.
What is the expiration date for a take home license? Is it perpetual or 12 month?
When I entered the take home license password somewhere it gave me a date for expiration of password for 03/05 . Is this true? Do I need to get another take home password in 12 month even if I do not go to new release in over a year. The original IDEAS maintenance we pay it once a year but the original license is for ever even if we do not get the hot line and maintenance?
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back