Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem using NX CAE 8 Nastran solver

Status
Not open for further replies.

geraem

Aerospace
Feb 28, 2013
MX
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to perform an analysis using the Nstran solver, but for some reason, at trying to see the results, it displays a message saying "no results found".

My first guess is that the problem is with the surface to surface contact, since it is an assembly (simple).

Attached are the sim and fem files, I would appreciate if someone can obtain the results of this simple analysis and
tell me what was wrong or left.

thank you very much in advance.

Gerardo espino

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I forgot to add a pressure load but as far as I know, it should show some results even this way.

If possible add two compression pressure loads, on the two highest faces of the tablet (smaller component).

I would appreciate your help, it seemts to be something easy but I am a relatively new user.

Hi Gerardo,
What NX version you are using? If you are on NX6 or earlier (not sure in case of NX7) then it may be due to the DATE CHECKPATCH issue...Could you please let us know if you are confronting this issue in only tghe current case or are you getting the same behaviour for every CAE simulation.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

Dear Gerardo,
Here you are a few comments:
1.- You forgot to define loads.
2.- In the FEMM file you forgot to apply material properties to solid mesh "tablilla", it is done in separate folder, and the HEX8 mesh is not there.
3.- Your Parts in the asembly are not "touching faces", and this is linear static analysis (SOL1101), then any gap or separation between surfaces should be avoided, if not the SOLVER NX NASTRAN should MOVE the bodies till contact, and if the separation is important then results could be useless at all, because LARGE DISPLACEMENT EFFECT is neglected in linear static analysis, ¿OK?.
4.- Said the above, if you delete all your contacts and repear the surfce-to-surface contact command INCREASING the search distance to say 1 mm, then you will see that a solution is obtained.
5.- Also EDIT the solution and in thge GLOBAL CONTACT PARAMETERS of the CASE CONTROL folder set always the parameter MAXIMUM ITERATIONS STATUS LOOP (MAXS) = 30

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Hello,

Kapil, I am working in NX 8. I guess the problem was instead lack of parameters. But i´m not awared of that issue you mention. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Blas, I checked the points you wrote down and modify the files, then I solved it and obtained the results. I modified the faces with synchoronous modeling in order for the two models to be touching. I appreciate the detail of your feedback. Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Gerardo Espino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back