Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with cutting on Bystronic 4020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had a similar if not the same problem 6 months back with my bystar 3015 ended up being the arc mirror. That's the first mirror on the outside of the cabinet. It didn't look damaged, spotted or dirty but it was increasing the size of the beam and causing all sorts of cutting issues.

If you ask me to do something, I will do it. There's no need to nag me every 6 months

Hallo, if the laser is 4000 W how many is 100%. But the strange is another thing. On the morning when i cut the power is gone to 3200W, after half hour of work is gone to 3000 W, and after half hour is gone to 2700 W and is cutting all the day with 2500 -2700 W, always in 100%.

Has it always done this since you've had it ??? or just recent. If the power is decreasing you may have an faulty Excitation module. How many hours do they have on them ???

If you ask me to do something, I will do it. There's no need to nag me every 6 months

Hi, we still have the problem. But now with thinner sheets. The power in the thinner sheets is the norm, but the cut is the same. There are no splashes, the details are detached, but the cut is jagged. By the way, I had an error with ÖVER CURRENT error and decided it by changing the cable nozzle in the laser box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back