PROBLEM WITH ELEMENT DELETION 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oluwakay

Mechanical
Sep 15, 2022
PL
Hello,
I am trying to model an impact in Abaqus and even when I used the materials information as it was described from the literature, I have problem with element deletion. None was deleted at all and the target keeps stretching indefinitely until an error message pops up, even after it has exceeded its yield stress level. I tried using the option of concerning to particles and it did not work as well. What am i not doing right?/ I really want to see the elements being deleted as it was described from some articles. Please help!

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Which version of Abaqus are you using ? Is the STATUS variable requested and material damage initiation and evolution criteria properly defined ? You can also check the setting for element deletion using the Assign Element Type tool in the Mesh module. Or request the output of damage initiation variables to see if the criterion is fulfilled.

Thank you for your response. I have Abaqus 6.14-2 version. STATUS was requested and the damage initiation criterion was properly defined as well. For the setting, I even choose 'yes" for the element deletion The output for damage initiation was requested. I expected to see those deleted materials during/after impact but no.

Hello, I have the same problem with my model. Could anyone help me how to get parameters for damage initiation (maximum nominal stress, normal only, shear-1 and shear-2) and damage evolution. My model is related to pre-stressing of strand in concrete. I donot know how to get parameters like Knn, Kss, Ktt too for cohesive bahaviour. Is any one is there to help to know about these unknown parameters.

Look for some research papers covering similar topics (and possibly using Abaqus). That's the best way if you don't have your own experimental data.

Thank you so much. After I supplied the damage evolution criterion, the materials were removed. However, it's a bit exaggerated. What could be the cause? I have attached a screenshot to thios response to help you have look at
exa_uj60wr.png
what I am describing.

Thank you so much!

Yes, I chose the option of "element deletion". I will try relaxing the criteria and see how it will turn out.

Thank you, really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back