Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with job results. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadtush

Mechanical
Jan 30, 2020
MY
Hi to anyone who's reading this,
I am doing my final year project and regarding that I am working on a simulation using ABUQUS. But every time I submit my job it is exiting with few errors. I have no clue why that's happening. Just wondering if anyone can help me out here.
Annotation_2020-01-30_161657_pwrxhp.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status data (upper part of Job Monitor) shows that your analysis can’t converge from the beginning. Warnings displayed below the status data indicate problems with contact and plasticity. However these are rather generic messages and the actual reason of nonconvergence can’t be determined this way. Most likely the problem is caused by rigid body modes caused by insufficient constraints or by contact that is not established at the beginning of the analysis.

Can you attach some pictures showing your model (along with mesh, boundary conditions and so on) and describe its settings ?

There is something fundamentally wrong in your model. Did you forgot to define contact? Or is a contact not closed and you applied a load? What about missing boundary conditions? Visualize your model in your head and check that no part can make any unconstrained rigid body movement.

First of all I am new here, and really appreciate to these helpful replies to my problem. Apologies for being vague about the problems as well. In my FEA model I am trying to model a 2-D cross section of a dovetail joint in gas turbine engine blade to examine fretting wear behaviour. Just to clarify more my full model is attached down below. Thanks everyone, your help means a lot. Really appreciate this.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=84e5011f-b04b-4748-8262-8a870dd5a773&file=31_Jan_2020.rar
I checked your model. To make it work you just have to fix X translation of the top of indenter. But I would also replace this point load with force applied via kinematic coupling (then you can apply the boundary condition this way too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back