Problem with mirror components. Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettocrack

Industrial
Feb 20, 2013
ES
Hello guys.

I have been using new mirror component feature on ST5 these last weeks.

It works quite well, but I have encountered a problem. Once the mirror is done, I can remove a component from it in several ways. Also, I can add components to a previously done mirror with no issues.

The strange behavior appears when I try to add to a mirror a component which I removed previously from it, which is quite common if you modify original design or change your mind about mirrored components. In that case the command fails and you are never able to add that component again. The only solution is removing the mirror feature and redo it again, which can be a nightmare if more components on your assembly where dependent of the previously mirrored parts.

I'm not sure if this is really a bug, since this behavior has no sense. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you create the mirror, Solid Edge creates the mirrored versions for you.
Just wondering if the failure occurs because the mirrored version already exists, and Solid Edge can't overwrite it.

bc.
Core i5-3570 @3.4GHz , 8GB RAM
Quadro FX4600. W7 Pro 64-bit.

The problem occurs always, no matter if the program creates a mirrored version of the component or it just rotates it.

Also, I have been always aware of the mirrored version not existing before.

So, as far as I can guess, this can only be a bug, since it's quite weird...

Anyone has tested ST6? Would be nice to check if this behavior continues in this version!

Thanks for the interest.

I agree, it must be a bug - I've had the same problem this week on ST5.
Having removed a component I cannot then add it back in.

bc.
Core i5-3570 @3.4GHz , 8GB RAM
Quadro FX4600. W7 Pro 64-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back