Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Mirror Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDesg

Mechanical
Sep 24, 2005
US
I have been trying to mirror a set of Extruded Cuts about a plane that is 45 degrees to those cuts. When I select the 45 degree plane and the Extruded Cuts as the features to pattern I get one of two messages both resulting in the mirror's failure.

With the "With Geometry Pattern" and "Propagate Visual Properties" checkboxes (located within the Mirror dialog box) both checked I receive the following message:

Rebuild Errors
The selected features could not be patterned using a geometry pattern. Deselect the Geometry pattern check box.

With the "With Geometry Pattern" unchecked and "Propagate Visual Properties" checked or with both unchecked, I receive the following message:

Rebuild Errors
The specified plane should not be perpendicular to the sketch plane.

This really doesn't make to sense to me because as I initially stated, the plane about which I am trying to mirror is at 45 degrees to the entities being mirrored.

Has anyone seen this before? What could be the cause? Interestingly, I have managed to get this type of mirror to work in the past with no such problems.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What are the end conditions on the cut extrude feature? End conditions are mirrored as well, so your second error message would lead me to believe that you were using a sketch vertex to terminate the cut.

I agree with RFUS...
Look again at how the cuts are defined.
Some parameters jusr don't lend themselves to MIRRORing.
Change it to a BLIND end condition & see what that does.

Jack L Tate said:
Right-click. It's friggin' magic!
FAQ376
Windows XP ~ NVIDIA Quatro FX 3450/4000 SDI ~ Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 5000 ~ SolidWorks 2007 SP2.2 ~ SpaceBall 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back