Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with NX on MAC OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcin0110a

Computer
Mar 24, 2010
PL
Hello,
Maybe somebody know where I can find log file for NX on MAC OS?
After instaling, NX not work.
When I run NX I see only first background, and then NX not open.
Maybe log file show me wher is the problem.
Regards
Marcin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you loaded the X11 utilities and any other requirements for OS-X? Unfortunately on the Mac, it's just not a simple NX install. You have to download some Unix tools from the web first to make it all run.

HTH,
Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX8.5.1.3
TC8.3 in Testing
6 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro FX4800

What version of OS-X are you running and on what hardware? I think you're okay on about everything but a MacBook Air.

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor

Solid Edge V20
NX8.5.1.3
TC8.3 in Testing
32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4000

Hardware and operating system requirements
The release of NX 9 on Mac OS X supports Apple Mac 64-bit Intel based systems. These include the MacBook Pro, iMac and Mac Pro systems. All available graphics subsystems are supported.

The minimum version of Mac OS X required to run NX 9 is version 10.7.4. Later versions of Mac OS X are also supported, but there may be caveats.

Installation of NX on Mac OS X is supported only on an HFS+ file system. However, NX part files and other data files may be stored and retrieved from an NFS file system.

X11/Motif requirements
NX 9 on Mac OS X utilizes X11/Motif to support its graphical user interface. A third party Motif package called OpenMotif, and the X11 application bundled with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, are required. X11 is installed by default, and thus should be available unless you have disabled it.

Updates to X11 may be provided by Apple and distributed via the Software Update mechanism. We only support the version of X11 bundled with each Mac OS X release or update. However, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) no longer includes X11, so you must obtain the X11 release from Make sure you review the caveat regarding Mac OS X 10.8 in the Caveats section of these release notes.

OpenMotif must be installed prior to installing NX. Obtain the OpenMotif toolkit, openmotifcompat-2.1.32_IST.macosx10.5.dmg, from the following website:

The X11 application must be running while using NX. The X11 application is started when NX or any other X-based application is invoked.

Installation
Installation must be performed from an account with administrator privileges and must be performed on a Mac since it uses the Mac OS X Installer application.

To install, double-click the nx.9.*.mpkg file and follow the instructions presented in the installation dialog box.

Note
If the .mpkg file has a .tar.Z or .zip extension, then it is compressed. You must first double-click it to uncompress it and create the .mpkg file.

Optionally, install the online documentation by double-clicking the ugdoc.9.*.pkg file and following the instructions.

Optionally, install the license server by double-clicking the ugslicensing.*.pkg file and following the instructions. The license server will be needed if you are installing NX on a system, such as a laptop, that is not connected to a network.

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor

Solid Edge V20
NX8.5.1.3
TC8.3 in Testing
32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4000

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.4 (14E46)

Model: iMac15,1, BootROM IM151.0207.B03, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 4 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.23f11
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M295X, AMD Radeon R9 M295X, PCIe, 4096 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x802C,
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x802C,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back