Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with Patran/Nastran

Status
Not open for further replies.

acoidanbm

Automotive
Jun 11, 2009
ES
Hi there
I'm running a chassis analysis on Patran-Nastran, but there is a problem when I'm trying to visualize the results. I don't know why, but after Nastran runs the study, there is no file created.
Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

acoidanbm,

Are you sure you are looking in the right folder? Usually, Patran (and nastran if you run it directly from Patran) creates the result file in the same folder as Patranwas started from. It might be a different folder that where the database is.

Yes Im sure. And I have search for this .xdb files in the whole hard disk. If I read the log file this error appears: NSINIT ERROR 70.
Im running Patran/Nastran 2005

Thanks for the link.
I have tried to solve the problem following that link, but I havent found the solution.

I have downloaded a new version of the analysis.exe file. Now, when I run an analysis, if I open the log file there is no error. But there is no results and no xdb file created.

Isn't a easy task understand why Nastran is not working properly.

I suggest to run a test file in the scratch directory.
You can pick the test file .../nast/demo/d10101d.dat and copy it in the scratch directory, then run directly nastran looking for d10101d.dat.

in this way you are sure that the nastran deck file is correct and see if the problem is in the license or in the executable.

When did you last use Nastran ? Was it before 1st April 2009 ?
In which case nothing will solve until you install the patch to fix the bug.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back