Problem with %{Sheet scale} property and Main View

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettocrack

Industrial
Feb 20, 2013
ES
Hello there.

We have recently moved to SE-ST5 from SE20, and we are using now the %{Sheet scale} property text inside the description table of our drafts. This way, the scale shown in that table is linked to the MAIN VIEW scale. Previously, we had a Custom Property called SCALE in each dft file, which was manually updated in order to reflect sheet's scale, which was a bit tedious.

The problem is that we don't know how to tell Solid which is the Main View. It simply takes the first you add on the sheet, which works fine most of the time, but we are having trouble when, for example, you simply delete that view (the draft retains the old value for the scale) or when you copy and paste views between different dft files.

Is there a way of defining one view within your draft as the MAIN ONE, so the software knows where to read the property?

Much thanks in advance,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, you can change the sheet scale manually based on a selected view.
Have a look in Help for Sheet Scale.

bc.
Core i5-3570 @3.4GHz , 8GB RAM
Quadro FX4600. W7 Pro 64-bit.

Jet,

You are correct. The sheet scale property is populated based on the first view that you drop onto the sheet
In order to change it, right click on the sheet tab at the bottom of the window.
Select Set Sheet Scale.
The current view is highlighted red (or you default color of adjusted in the Options).
Pick a different view and the green checkmark to complete.
Update the Property Text and you're all set.

--Scott
www.wertel.pro

Wow, thanks! I feel stupid now... You can't imagine the time I had searching for that. Never imagined I had to go to the context menu for the tab. Much, much thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back