Problem with the copy and paste command

Status
Not open for further replies.

bot1357

Electrical
Mar 31, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I have a drawing that was produced in autocad 2006. I saved it down to 2000. I then wanted to copy and paste certain parts of the drawing into another drawing. I use the copy command, select a point and copy the bit I require. I then try to paste to the other drawing but nothing happens. I have tried wblocking it, again that does not seem to work. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Regards
Danny

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Danny,
it's a known bug in 2007, but in 2006...hmmm

Other options tested (audit, restart the computer, layer unlocked, PICKFIRST,..etc)
Service packs installed?

Lothar

ADT 2004
ACAD 2002

I have found a solution.

Firstly I got the original and saved it off with another name (temp1.dwg). I then opened a new drawing and inserted the orginal saved drawing (temp1.dwg) into into. Saved off as temp2.dwg I then exploded it and tried the copy paste command again and it worked.

You could even just inert the orginal into a new drawing if you wanted.

Thanks for taking the time to solve this.

Regards
Danny McAvoy

I ran into this problem myself. AutoCAD has updated a .dll file to their drawing true convert program that you can download free off of their website.

I use ACAD 2000 and you can convert from 2006 to 2000 with no problem. It is when someone has worked in ACAD 2007 that causes the headaches. The file structure changed again....

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back