Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with TOSCA ABAQUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

obworraps

Mechanical
Mar 19, 2015
US
need some help,

i was doing topology optimization using abaqus 6.14. the file went throught the static analysis, but during the optimization this error occurred.

Error in opt_321_1000: **** ERROR in Tosca for Abaqus - module "Tosca for Abaqus.opt" ****
Error in opt_321_1000: Tosca for Abaqus-optimization module did not finish correctly.
Error in opt_321_1000: Module call: "D:\SIMULIA\Abaqus\6.14-1\code\bin\SMAExternal\TOSCA/bin/tosca_opt.CMD" --loglevel INFO
Error in opt_321_1000: Return code: 3221225477
Error in opt_321_1000: Logfile: opt_321_1000\TOSCA.OUT
Error in opt_321_1000: Optimization process failed with an error.
Optimization process opt_321_1000 aborted due to errors.

actually i am going to usc TOSCA STRUCTURE to continue the topology optimization, but i think at least it should be runnable in ABAQUS then i could use the optimization input file to run it in TOSCA.
maybe this error means it cant turn the input file to a runnable TOSCA input file, but im not sure. Really need help !

thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

here is the monitor info during the optimization.

c0a26a9ajw1eqdvbqzpyzj20yi0jc468.jpg

judging from the job monitor picture the analysis failed in step 3. If i see correctly the step time is really small so I assume that step 3 is a linear perturbation step. Have you tried changing this step in to a standard one? Maybe that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back