Problem with vacuum pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contrabas

Mechanical
Jun 6, 2016
LT
Hello friends and colleagues.
I work with laser machine Mazak Super Turbo - X510 Hi-Pro, 1997 , CO2 , 2000W. And faced with problems linked with vacuum pump. I can't start machine because pump put not enough pressure in system.
Order of start:
1. Turn mail power.
2. Turn cnc monitor.
3. Turn compressor.
4. Open laser gas.
5. Turn laser power.
Starts pressure pumping in vacuum system, in monitor i can see changing pressure it's start from 50.0 and up to 5.0 then mechanical booster changing gas
in laser oscillator.
6. Turn laser hight woltage.

In my case pressur up to point 5.5 and back.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4de5a85c-4cad-41d2-a0cf-524b94c05885&file=IMAG0638.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Two different options, one that your vacuum pump is 19 years old and just can't pull the pressure down low enough, the other, that you have a leak in the laser gas system.

Bubbles are normal oil, in the tube is questionable. But I don't think it's a problem. The only time it is, would be when the phase is backwards on the incoming power.

I understand pump isn't new , but we repaired and changed spare parts. In service they told us pump in good condition. So i will check on leak in system. Thanks for answering.

You need to vac it down to 2 torr, turn the vac pump off.
Check it after 10 minutes, if the vacuum has not leaked more than 0.3 torr then it's ok.
I would check the vacuum pump, that oil should not be there especially if the hose goes straight to the resonator cavity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back