Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Copyright 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmNiki

Computer
Dec 21, 2008
CN
Is there a way to send a drawing in dwg format where the reciever is unable to make changes to the file. I am having problems with copyright and need to be able to send drawings without the reciever having the ability to change the drawing in any way.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Exxit,I am trying dwglock and cadlock and Our department keep the original DWG and send our clients the copies generated from the dwglock program.

you can XEDIT your drawing if the drawing is Xreferenced by the receiver. If the reciever still manage to change the drawing, this drawing will no longer be an xreferenced

fixo,

They fixed that problem. At least in 2007 you can explode minserted blocks.

While there is no way to stop them, you can make it very difficult for a novice cad user.

I like to lock all of the layers and the invert the layer filter to hide all of the layers. That usually takes them a while to find.

Also sometimes just using paper space/model space will confuse them enough.

The best way though is still to print the file, then scan it slightly twisted on your scanner to pdf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back