Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with NX/Open CAD/CAM development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andradrr

Automotive
Oct 26, 2010
BR
Hi people!

Please, I developed a NX/Open function that automaticaly sets the spindle speed and the feed rates for the selected CAM operation, based on the tool name for that operation.

Everything works ok but I would like to be able to call this function with the operation oppened, I mean, while you are editing the operation parameters/values.

The problem is that, when you call a user function, the operation dialog closes and the values that you have modified are not commited (saved).

So, my question is: Is there any way to run a user function and then resume the previous dialog from the point where you called the function, or at least commit the changes before the dialog closes?

Thanks a lot for any help/idea.

Cheers,

Rodrigo.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Using the Speeds and Feeds library you can assign values to a library tool. When that tool is used the Speeds and feeds are assigned, there is a manufacturing preference to make it automatic.

John Joyce
N.C. Programming Supervisor
Barnes Aerospace, Windsor CT
NX6.0.5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back