Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with processor SLC 5/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan2821

Electrical
May 29, 2012
RO
I'm using a processor SLC 5/04 with DH+ interface (1784-U2DHP), I see that I'm connected, but when I want to go online or download the program I have an error: Corrupted processor! What can I do??
Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've checked the parameters for DH+ and are the same in all parts (RSLinx and COM port). In this moment I don't have a serial cable, but I'll buy one and see if is going...
Stefan

I vaguely remember a similiar problem with a SLC5/04. I had one that was running a program but like you whenever I tried to down load the program I received the corrupted message yet I knew the processor was running properly. I remeber that it was finally resolved by contacting my local AllenBradley distributor which was able to find the older version of the software which was able to view the processor. Maybe if you contact AllenBradley they might be able to look it up and send you the older version to try out. I think there was an issue with one version of the older software that once a program was downloaded to the PLC with that version it could not be downloaded with later versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back