Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

procedure of engineering man-hours calculation/bench mark for engineering for Oil & Gas Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramamech

Mechanical
Jul 30, 2010
IN
I recently joined a engineering company dealing with oil & gas projects. One of our client asked for the above document. Can anybody share any typical document

Thanks for help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Typically, anything related to pricing is competition sensitive. Since every company does things differently, why does someone else's bid procedure have any relevant to your company?

Unless your company is a start-up, there should already be cost proposals that were previously submitted. How were they done? The two basic approaches are engineering "estimates," which are essentially intelligent guesses, or historical data. The gold standard is to use the latter, i.e., actual charges for previous projects, as they are factual and real. You can take all the cost accounts from previous projects and tailor for a new proposal; taking into account the relative scaling of contract scope and deliverables. The more detail the better, i.e., the smaller the granularity of work package size, the harder it is for a customer to attempt to beat down your price.

TTFN
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
homework forum: //faq731-376 forum1529

Thanks IRstuff.

Our company is almost like start up. I am expert in pressure vessels , But novice to skid packages. Actually client is want the standard procedure for qualification.

Thanks any way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back