Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Process Engineering software

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirt

Chemical
Jan 18, 2005
US
Hi all, I've tried to search for this question, but as I'm new here and not sure if I know how to ask the question, please forgive if this a duplicate thread.

I'm a system analyst new to the world of Engineering. Specifically Engineering Processing. From what I gather, my company has a Hodge podge of databases, but none of them work together. So before I go and redesign their needs, I wanted to check if there are some solutions already available to look at and see if they meet our needs or can help edumacate me.

looking for way to tie together the Engineering Processing that involves:
-PDFs
-P&ID
-Equipment list
-Instrumentation list
-Motor and Electronic list
-Piping list
-Drawing list
-Line list, etc...
-Procurement Module (Bid tracking, PO, Receiving)

I just can't help but thing this has been done many times over and existing applications can handle this.

Thanks for your time!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If your company is sufficiently networked you could try using HTML in the processing to link to the appropriate database and file. You may need viewing software depending upon file formats but it keeps the data native to its environment and current.

Regards,

Hello all,

I am searching for a cheap and possibly shareware software for controling a work-shop business.

The firm is not a big one. We have 2 CNC-laths, 3-mills and some other equipment (3 universal laths, electric corrosion etc).
What I want to do is organize the business by controlling the work that has to be done, by which machine, how much time will it take ( in simple words make a schedule for the works that has to be done there ) and the ability to change some of the above info. accordingly (example: Schedule a new order that will interlude the existing ones).
If you have any suggestions please inform me. [pipe]

I Lean on your help.

Best regards.

In response to "thirt" (original poster), there are several design solutions for the process industry and depend on the CAD platform you currently have in place. If you are using MicroStation, Intergraph has a collection of software products refered to as Plant Design Series (PDS) and includes a product called Foundation that claims to handle the issue of tying together the different sources of data you referenced. Bentley Systems also provides a solution set for the process industry based on MicroStation called Plant Space Design Series (PSDS). In additon, Bentley provides a solution based on AutoCAD called AutoPLANT. Both of these products have a component that allows for the information sharing between the documents you mentioned.

As for using the engineering data in the business processes, that is a little trickier. Bentley Systems has a product called eWarehouse that addresses the issue of tying all the information together and using it within the business processes. For more information look at under Plant products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back