Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Product to One file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitash

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2002
BG
Can anyone help me! I have to send a CATProduct file to my customer, and as you know I have to include every Part of that product. But someone tell me that there is a possibility to send it as an one file only. Does anyone know how to make this?

TIA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is there anything wrong with just zipping up all the files. The person gets it, unzips it, and opens the specified CATProduct. (As long as all the parts are in the same directory as the CATProduct then it will find them. Or you could use File+Send To+ Mail.

Yeah, I can use that, but sometimes The product will need to be exported to another Software, that is the reason i need to make it in one single file

There is no way to make a catia export in v5. The best way is to use zip to make one file.

If you don't need it in the CATProduct Format. You could save it as VRML or some other format. That would be one file.

Other format like Iges, stp, vrml, cgr and even txt like the old tree dos function...

but from all iges seems better can it gives you exact dimensionand its the smallest file too...
the only visible pb i see is that it doesn't keep the color you used for different part... (everything will have the same color)

Is it possible to generate drawing with section views from iges?

And what about export the Product via Step ? It exports products in only one File !
[2thumbsup]

Hello, sorry very late.
To merge a product in a singele part:
1. Open the product
2. open a new part in this product
3. open the new part and define the partbody in work
4. select all the parts that will be make to one body
5. select INSERT (menu bar)
6. select boolean operations
7. select Assemble
All single parts merged to a new part
I hoep that is wahat you need.