Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Productivity Peripherals 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

uGlay

Mechanical
Jan 6, 2006
What kind of peripherals are you guys using? I am currently using:

-Logitech Corded G5 Laser Mouse with weight adjustability.
-Logitech (3DConnexion) SpacePilot 1 USB.

SW2008 Office Pro SP3.1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot/SpaceNavigator

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Or a SpacePilot with a button so you can play Space invaders on the little LCD screen. Now that would be productive.

Joe Hasik, CSWP
SW 08 x64, SP 3.0
Dell T3400
Intel Core2 Quad
Q6700 2.66 GHz
3.93 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600

At work I use a Razor Copperhead gaming mouse, and occasionally a Space navigator. At home it's usually a Logitech thumb roller ball, or another razor mouse. And now the space navigator is at home to use with google earth. I've also used a graphics tablet, but I'm so used to control with the mouse that the graphics tablet isn't too productive for me with cad. It works better just with GIMP and Inkscape.

My work only provides a standard MS mouse, so I buy my own. The work mouse gets confused between the two monitors and unexpectedly jumps into the corners. I've never had a problem with the Razor mice doing that, but sometimes the programmable buttons stop working.

Oh, and of course, large mello yellow and breakfast burritos (a #10) to start the day.

Diego

Solidjnke, a bluetooth controller would be nice. Might as well make it with sixaxis motion control while they are at it.

SW2008 Office Pro SP3.1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot/SpaceNavigator

uGlay,

wireless keyboard, mouse, space explorer......then I wouldn't have to keep moving my couch.

SW 2008 Office pro SP 3.1
Dell 690
Space Explorer
ATI FireGL V7100
Hitachi 42" Plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back