Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ProductView Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdkoch

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2000
US
I am attempting to view a part using ProductView Express. But when I try to open it, IE just gives me a blank window and this error message at the bottom:

load: class com.ptc.pvx.ProductViewExpress.class not found.

What am I doing wrong?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might need to turn on the option to save a preview of the part in the ProE config (Available from Utilities --> Options). This will also give you a 3D preview of the part off the open file menu when you're opening the part.

The option is called: save_model_display - I have it set to shading_lod and it seems to work fine.

I don't know if this is the correct solution to the particular problem you've got, but I reckon it's worth a try.

You'll have to open each part file you want to see in the viewer and save it again before a preview is generated too.

I set this config option, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. (Although I do get the 3D preview from the open file menu.) Are there any other config options that must be set?

For you to effectivily use ProductView Express, you will need to setup your config.pro file with the following options "save_drawing_picture_file" set this option to export and the second option is "save_model_display" set this option to shading_lod*. After completeing those 2 options you will need to resave any .drw, prt, or asm files that you want to view threw ProductView. Oh yea, for some reason if you want to view the drawing files you will need to open the .pic files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back