Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ProE Files Read in SW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dlogix

Mechanical
Jan 31, 2002
CA
Hello,

Does anybody have a link that tells the story of how ProE files (before V2000i) were readable in SW, but not anymore. They are encrypted, but readable with a third party software.

Your insights would be much appreciated!!

Steve

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are using AutoVue to open pro e drawings you need to have a setting selected in ProE when the drawing is saved. I think it is called something like "display view enabled". I'm not sure as I just lost all emails in my inbox...our computer guy did something with the network over night and the next day my inbox had been deleted....argh. Just thought I'd let you know as I almost bought autovue but then I tested it and it wouldn't open any files from my customer. Unfortunatly my customer is un-willing to enable this option (it IS something easy-they're just being difficult).
Brooke

SW use to be able to open Pro/E (v17-20) part & assembly files. The Pro/E files that SW wouldn't open I would convert thru Pro/DESKTOP Express into STEP, SAT, or IGES (in that order) format and import into SW. SW has never been able to open Pro/E drawings as far as I know. I always request any drawings from Pro/E users in DXF (or DWG) format and use Volo View Express to open & print them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back