Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ProE mapkeys problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hijeo

Mechanical
Sep 16, 2010
FR
Hi everybody,

First, I'm french so, please, don't judge me on my syntaxe.

I have a problem on creating a mapkey. I'd like to open a file on my computer and copy/paste some of characters of this file on a value box (like Mass properties on ProE). The first part of the mapkey is pretty easy but I don't know how to open a Windows file (through the notepad) and copy/paste these characters.

If someone could help me, it would be the best day of my life... I'm kidding but it'd help me a lot.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your best bet is probably to use the parts program (Tools>Program then Edit Program) to define several input parameters. You can then make a parameter text file that Pro/E will pull from upon regeneration.

I have also in the past created Excel documents which have VBA code to output certain cells to a text file. I then have a trail file that the VBA code tells Pro/E to run which regenerates parameters from the file.

I can get you some links to some other helpful posts if you are looking to do something like this.
-AAFuni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back