Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROE vs Unigraphics vs Solidwoeks vs Catia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMERYOUNOS

Mechanical
Sep 11, 2001
GB
I m a Design Engineer.Our company wanted to buy a new Software so which one is better PROE or Unigraphics or Solid works or Catia.Currently we r using Mechanical Desktop , Pro E 2000 i.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

looslib,
GA62 is absolutelly correct and you are NOT. I can see, that you had never design an injection part in your life nor you ever design an injection mold. I fire designes who do not include draft. And I DO WORK in Wildfire 2.0 M060. There is no method in PRO-E to apply common draft to a part. If for instance I have 100 features in PRO-E, that need to be drafted, I need to make at least 100 draft features and this is assuming that I can use "intented design" method. If not then the situation gets really bad, since I will have to apply draft to individual surfaces. I know for a fact that PRO-E users were asking for extrusion whth a draft for at least 12 years to ne avail.

I've used AutoCAD thru '04, MasterCam, Microstation J, Inventor, and Wildfire. How well one works over another is, in my opinion, largely influenced by ones ability to visualize. Everyone is different and one software may better suit one persons thought processes than another. My only opinion is that the transition from AutoCAD to Pro-E was quite easy. Inventor is difficult to use to me. MasterCam V.9 is fast and efficient for CNC work. Microstation J smokes through P&ID's. I would like to try UG and Solidworks. Other than that, to each, his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back