Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Profibus Standard Cable (standard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannym6

Industrial
Aug 26, 2010
PE
Hi to everyone,

I've looked into Siemens Catalog "Siemens IK PI 2009" and at page 4/25 the profibus cable is described as '02YSY (ST) CY 1 × 2 × 0.64/2.55-150 KF 40 FR VI' I'd like to know what does 'YSY' 'ST' 'CY' and 'KF' mens. I've searched on internet and i haven't found any article, standard, or code which explains the uses of theses letters, Thanks for the help.

I post this here because of the topic, if this must go on other forum please indicate it to me.

Danny Alarcón
GMI Ingenieros Consultores
Lima - Peru

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is covered by DIN VDE 0250-602:1985-03 which is the German standard. Not easy to come by and I am not so sure that it is available in English. Do a google search and hope that you are lucky.

Most of the designations are covered here:

OK, German again, but you may be able to decipher it with the aid of a dictionary or someone that reads german.

Good luck!

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

Gunnar & Zappnedagain, thanks a lot for your informatión, I've found the link very useful.

Best Regards

Danny Alarcón
GMI Ingenieros Consultores
Lima - Peru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back