Proficy ME adressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwale

Mining
Jun 10, 2013
AU
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how can we determine the spare available adrressing in Proficy ME PLC? I looked up on the Variable tab and its not giving much clue.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Under Variables select "Reports" and select the one that works best for you.
But as you know Addresses are not needed in the RX3i PAC platform. :)
Just use Variable "Names" and let the software handle addressing needs.
Some call this "Symbolics".

Thanks dV8r. How about us exporting a set of vairables as.csv and editing the variables before exporting back; how do we know what address to change to?

Cheers

Leave the address field blank and Proficy will assign the Variable one that it likes, again the programmer only needs to know/remember the name.

Thanka dV8r. I have also found out that you can identify the spare address from the variable tab and look up from there.

Hello Can someone please explain to me how the LEN (short for length) in the MOV FBD in Proficy ME pLC? I would like to move a variable to a memeory location and display that on the HMI.

Thanks in advance

While you are in Proficy ME, select the "MOVE_WORD" Function Block and Press the "F1" key. It brings up detailed help on the Function selected. In this Function under 'Length' is:
Length
Constant
The length of IN; the number of bits to move.
Valid range:
If IN is a constant: 1 Length 16.
All other cases: PACSystems and Series 90-70: 1 Length 32,767; other Controller families: 1 Length 256.
Default: 1.
This is using PME 7.50 SIM6
YMMV
A more detailed question may bring a more detailed answer from someone.

Oops for MOVE_WORD it is: (Above is for MOVE_BOOL, sorry. :)
Length
Constant
Length; the number of WORDs to move.
PACSystems and Series 90-70: 1 Length 32,767.
Other Controller family types: 1 Length 256.

Thanks dV8r.
I also have an issue with the PID controller for the control valve. We had an instance where the controller was in auto mode and controlling the fine and all of a sudden it jumped to 100% output.
What would be a likely cause of this? I had a look at the trends and could not see an obvious thing that can tricker this.
The pid is from proficy machine ME

Cheers

Troubleshooting an intermittent PID issue online like this is nearly as difficult as reading the mind of an Alien from outer space. Especially with no details.

What do you need to do make it happen again? Whatever the answer is will point you in the correct direction to look.

DV8r. Thanks for that. I have asked the operators to put that back into auto so that we can keep and eye on it to see if this occurs again.

Maybe you just answered your own question.
If the operator needed to put the PID back into Auto, who or what can take it out of Auto?
The PID Function an a GEIP PAC/PLC has this controlled by a bit in logic. Look up that bit and see who/what can change it.

Thanks dV8r.

Hello All,
Can anyone tell me if there is a FBD in Proficy ME that can do selection between two analog inputs where the output is determined by a switch. For instance if I have IN1 and IN2 and and the S is the switch to select IN2. I have a situation where it is a PID loop that controls the valve. However when in normal operation ie. Auto the valve should be fully closed (0%) and if the temeperature goes above the set SP it should open to regulate to bring down the temperature below the SP and should bring the valve to fully closed again when the temp comes below SP. I know in DCS there are FB that can switch to transfer the 0 output to the valve however I looked at the FDB of the Proficy ME and its not giving much information. Is there a way to achive this or should I start looking at developing a UFBD for this operation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

There is not in Proficy ME, there may be in Proficy PS. You may write a User Defined Function Block in either to do whatever you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back