Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming a Zelio Logic 2 Smart Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeanMarine

Electrical
Mar 16, 2007
US
Hello All!!!!
Perhaps someone could be of a little help here. I'm a tech at a automotive rubber hose manufacturing plant. Recently, it was discovered that the inside of some of our hoses were contaminated. The "Powers That Be" decided we now need to wash the inside of our hoses before shipping and I was tasked to design and build two Hose Washing Units. Initially, things went fine, as the units are pretty much straight forward to operate. Push button #1 and the wash cycle operates on a 2-minute cycle. Button # 2 gives you a 2-minute air dry cycle. Pressing button # 3 provides a 2 minute rinse. And, finally, pressing button #4 sets the final 7-minute air dry cycle. As you have probably guessed, each button is wired to its own timing relay. The problem is this.... I had to come up with a way to prevent some mindless operator from missing a step, or perhaps bushing button #2 before #1. I decided to purchase aa "Smart Relay", as I have heard much about their ease of use. My idea is to have the operator bush ONE button and all cycles would then run AUTOMATICALLY without any further input. Any ideas on how this could be done????

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Download the free Zeliosoft application and do some reading and experimenting. You can build and simulate your ladder logic with the program. Ladder logic has a similar feel to actual wiring. You hook a relay/timer coil up then you use it's contacts to drive other things.

You will be surprised how easy they are to work with. And you will be pleasantly surprised at all the extra possibilities you will be thinking of and implement with no sweat at all. Just buy one. Do the tutorial and start creating!

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back