Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programs for HP-48GX

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsengr

Structural
Apr 3, 2005
US
Hi, everyone,

I have been an owner of a HP-48GX for about 6 years now, and am now in the process of geting a cable so that I can download programs from the Internet into my hp for use. I have got a few questions for all you experienced users out there.

One. I am more interested in structural steel, concrete and structural engineering programs in general. Advice, please, on which ones to get.

Two. I see a lot of programs written for the HP-49GX. Can these be used on my HP-48GX? The reason I ask this is because the programs are placed in separate pages on hpcalc.org, for instance. Is there something different about a HP-49GX, as compared to a Hp-48GX, as far as programs are concerned.

Three. I have 128K memory in my HP-48Gx. Do you think I need to get more memory? I already have a Civil Engineering PAC on one of my two slots, but still have one slot available for additional memory, if required.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back