Project Management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamberlin

Mechanical
Jul 2, 2001
GB
Hello
Can anyone recommend a very simple project management software. we have a lot of projects running which are not part of our daily work so no one person is responsible for them, the tasks involved run through every department and tend to get done at the eleventh hour. all of the projects are pretty much the same and I would see us working from a standard template and just changing the start date, rather than starting a new projcet every time. we have tried one piece of software but it is far to powerful and complicated for our needs.

Besr regards and thanks for the help.

Darren UK [sunshine]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would highly recommend Microsoft Project. It's a mature product and I believe it's the most widely used program - big advantage as you can find dozens of learning books. Although it has many features, one can use in its minimum mode for basic scheduling.

jim s.

jims99 is right about MS Project, but I would disagree and say that MS Excel is the the most widely used program for PM, and everyone knows how to use it. It doesn't have the features Project does, but you did request something "very simple", and there is nothing simpler or easier than spreadsheet-based project tracking, especially if all your projects are pretty much the same and can work from a standard template.

The link I gave above for Windows based project management software lists several Excel, Outlook and/or calendar based project management systems.

Bernard Ertl
www.interplansystems.com
- eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
- ATC Professional Turnaround Management Software

I second Jims99 recommendation for Microsoft project. It's very intuitive which translates to a minor learning curve if one at all.

I have found that MS project is overpowered for many of the basic projects. For relatively simple projects especially one where I can use repeating templates I use Milestones Plus by Kidasa Software.

The program is very user friendly and, if needed, the data can be imported from MS Project and exported or linked / embedded into any MS Office program.

Rgds

Allan

Hi

As a Mac, user we are completly against Micro Soft of course. and for a simple application, multi platform I can advise you Fast track, it does timeline as well as spreatsheet functions in on, go to and look for Fast track it works fine, and I have used many of those app's
harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back