Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Projection View with partial hidden lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosirius

Automotive
Mar 13, 2008
RO
Hy there,

I have a big problem, as u can see in the attched file i make drawings to some nasty blocking devices for automotive industry (car body welding).
So, to get to my problem :D, i use alot of simple projection views WITHOUT hidden lines (reason is obviously ... to much lines :D). In some cases i need to dimension some parts that are hidden, so i use a detail view as in the picture.

My question is: can Catia v5r16 make a simple view or any kind of view but let me the choice of wich areas of the view should or should not have hidden lines ???

With kind regards,
Cosirius.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

And another problem, i have a big main product and a drawing associated with the product with links and everything.
If i move some parts in anther subproducts from the main product, why the links from the drawing broke???
Anyone knows a solution for this problem??/

With kind regards,
Cosirius.

Nope, i need to have the liberty at any given time what areas will become with hidden lines or not, regardless of the stage of the drawing.
The thing is like this, i cant say from the begining if i can dimension all the parts that i need to assemble, so i make different views and when i have one object that i cant see i make another view or detail like in exemple or a section ...
I want to get rid of this way of making 4-5 views up to 10-12.

With kind regards,
Cosirius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back