Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

proper crosshairs on holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmuell01

Mechanical
Apr 28, 2008
US
Hi All,

New user here trying to uatomatically have Pro E put a normal crosshair on hole in drafting. Currently when I use the show all commands crosshairs come in a variety of size and all need to be resized just too look normal. Also I must some are so small that I have to zoon in to adjust. Huge pain.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Mike,

If your holes are concentric with other circular features, you are having to resize because crosshairs of the other circular features also appear when you select the show all command. Instead, use the show by feature and view option so that only crosshairs for the holes appear.

Thanks mburlone, I'll give that a try.

I also want them to look correct. Currently they are 2 crosssed lines. They should be 2 crossed line with leaders extended past the edge of the holes. This will only work if I manually make the crosshair really huge. What bothers me is that this has been a drafting standard for more years than I care to remember and so far of the 7 or so CAD packages I used this is the only one that doesn't know that. When I asked our AE he said called them axis'. Strange to me.

Thanks

mmuell01,
There are two drawing set-up options that control the appearence of axes:

axis_line_offset

circle_axis_offset

Cheers,

JW

I just played with these drawing options, and they don't seem to change anything.
Also, the dimension lines go to the center of the corcles, and therefore, overlap the axis.

David

After you show the axis in your drawing, turn on the axis symbols (A2) for example. Then pick the "A2" symbol, it should highlight, and Pro/E should allow you to move ALL four individual lines at once. You can then place them when you need them. Yes, some axis come in correct and others do not.

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back