Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

proper setup for measuring room pressure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazing azza

Industrial
Apr 26, 2017
US
Friends, I would like to measure air pressure supplied to a clean room (food packaging) for the purposes of adjusting/monitoring ventilation supply fan intensity. The fan is grossly oversized, and the room materials are not particularly strong. One has to be very careful with setting it (via a VFD). I was thinking of making a high pressure alarm/limit. What would be the preferred mounting location for a differential pressure sensor:

1. Inside vs outside of room
2. Inlet duct vs outlet duct
3. Other?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You want to control the pressure in the room, so you should measure the inside pressure vs the outside pressure - that is the "force" that the material of the room will experience.

Placing sensors in the rooms aren't always practical, then you measure in supply duct vs outside pressure - but this will only control the pressure in the duct, not the room. If you are sure your room is fairly constant in terms of pressure loss, this should be OK.

Kestell Laurie
South Africa

Hi,

You can meassure in the room, or you can take a some probe plate and with tubing supply pressure to sensor... I think that is possible...but can someone on forum to confirm...

But if I correctly understand you will measure a pressure in room and this presure sensor will control fan? If pressure room drop bellow the set point fan will rise the frequency and if pressure room rise above set point fan will slow?

Kind regards

Those plates are nice. No control, just a high pressure limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back