Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Properties of air 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fapsa

Industrial
May 31, 2003
US
Good day,
I'm looking for a handheld hydrometer that can measure at a temperature of over 220°F, I need to measure specific humidity (lb water/lb dry air) for a drying hood system in a paper mill. Can some one help me with some information?
Thank.
FAPSA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look at Cole Parmer catalogue and find handheld Vaisala HUMICAP humidity meter: up to 239 degF and 100 %rh.or find on the web Ahlborn Mess-und Regelungstechnik GmbH D83602 Holzkirchen- they have an instrument for even higher T range.
M777182

Jstephen:
We actually don't work in the 220°F zone, what we do is we use compress air to pull out the hot air out off a exhaust duct that is at 650°F, we control the temp. over 220 so that we don't have condensation, we use a dry bulb thermometer and a wet bulb thermometer, with the help of a psychometric chart we can get the specific humidity.

m777182:
Thanks for the info, it was very helpful, had a hard time looking for a handheld thermohygrometer that would fit my needs.

Just to clear up any confusion, you appear to be looking for a hygrometer. Hydrometers measure specific gravity. You cpould also check fisher scientific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back