Prosoft Modbus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

roydm

Industrial
Jan 29, 2008
CA
Hi,
I have an AB 1756L1 PLC with Prosoft PRSMV156-MCM Modbus module that I need to talk with the Modbus RTU interface card of a Pneumercator TMS2000 Underground Storage Tank monitor. I have not used either of these Modbus devices previously and my time on-site will be limited. If someone has experience with these, particuarly the Prosoft card I would greatly appreciate a sample of well documented code either in RSLogix 5000 ladder,FBD or structured text. I do have the code sample that came with the card but that seems overly complex.
Thanks in advance.
Roy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mickey,
Yes, as I pointed out the sample program 56 rungs and lots of user defined data types is very complex. More so than the rest of my program combined. All I need to do is read abour 20 words of data from the Pneumercator.
I understand that the files prefixed with "_" can be deleted.
I hate to just blindly copy the sample without understanding what it is doing.
Thanks Anyway
Regards
Roy

I have used other prosoft products for ab contrologix, profibus scanner, ethernet to rs232, 1756-MVI ASCII module and have had excellent results with there customer support. Give them a call you won't be disatisfied. I have even used the chat they have on there website, excellent way to resolve the issues too.

ControlsDude, Mickey52,
I called customer support. Steve was kind enough to look at my ACD file and make a couple of suggestions. Turns out it was working and I didn't know it.
Thanks Again
Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back