Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.prt to .obj ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pohl

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2011
US
I would like to be able to export or save as from Solidworks in one of the following formats; .kzx, .xml, .3ds, .obj, .sia. Also, and here's where it gets tricky, I'm looking for a free add-in. Software that converts something Solidworks can save as to one of those formats would also be nice. Thank you in advance for you help!

-Concordia res parvae crescent-

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does the other system supports IGES, Parasolid or Step file. If yes then you can export these file types from SolidWorks (inbuilt option) and import into that system otherwise you'll need to buy the add-in suggested by Chris.

Deepak Gupta
SW 2010 SP4.0 & 2011 SP3.0
Boxer's SolidWorks™ Blog

Unfortunately it does not, it is a rendering program and only supports the formats stated above. Thank you both for your help.

Wanted to test out Kerkythea, it's free and i've seen some great renders from it.

Hey Gupta,
Yeah I've been using Photoview 360, it's not bad but I would like to try some other software, alot of them only take these certain formats.

Actually stumbled upon babel3d.com and it had the option to convert step to obj, pretty handy site. Thanks for your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back