Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSV Service Tags 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharik

Mechanical
Sep 17, 2003
CA
What are the minimum content requirements to be put onto a PSV Service Tag, attached to the PSV after servicing? I have seen Service Tags with:

- Name of the Servicing Organization,
- Date of servicing,
- Set Pressure,
- PSV ID number,
- PSV serial number.

Is the above a requirement of some Code or Standard?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

IS your vessel in the USA? or Canada? If not, jistre may be wrong. Full ASME compliance incl stamping is not mandatory in e.g. Europe
Is the PED 97/23/EC applicable? Than PED will set a bunch of requirements to be put in the ID tag.

Forummers, please bear in mind not everyone here originites from the Northern-American continent, was fed and raised with ASME and defines everything from there on.

These are ASME 'U' stamped pressure vessels with ASME 'UV' stamped PSV's. I do know about ASME Section VIII, Div. 1, Paragraph UG-129. The question is for Service Tags put onto the PSV's by the Service Organization after servicing the PSV. This is not the original 'UV' stamped nameplate put on the PSV by the valve Manufacturer.

Is there a standard requirement for information required on a PSV Service Tag?

Thank you

Okay, suppose the pressure vessels and PSV's were in the US or Canada, are there any specific requirements for PSV Service Tag content?

Thanks

Isn't this section of the NBIC Part 3 more for when the set pressure of a PSV is to be changed such that a new spring must be installed or other major repairs or alterations? I'm looking for the requirements for a basic PSV Service Tag. A PSV comes into a shop for servicing,

- an initial prepop test is performed,
- the PSV is dismantled and inspected,
- minor repairs (lapping, etc.) or parts replaced, in kind,
- reassembled and final pop test completed,
- adjustment seals are applied.

What information would be on the PSV Service Tag then attached to the PSV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back