Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PTC web-based training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwenn

Mechanical
Aug 9, 2004
US
Hi all,

i came across the PTC web-based training on their website, which is a one year subscription that includes tutorials and virtual classroom lessons. i was wondering is anyone currently/previously subscribed to this and whether is this a good way to learn WF2? i have basic knowledge of wf2 but would like to learn more on topics like advance modeling and surfacing. Or should i get a book and learn on my own?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Gwen

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Gwen,

I was able to use the web-based training at my previous job because some of the people who worked there were resellers and trainers as a PTC partner. It's a pretty good tool and each portion of the tutorial ussually gives an intro to the functionality. A stepshort step by Demo and then a training excercise where you can use what you learned.

I'm not sure how much it costs because we were given accounts. I guess it depends on how you like to learn the Web-training shows how to apply specific functionality to different tasks and even has a summary questionare to review concepts.

I have a screen shot below shoowing the layout. I think you can try it for free if you contact PTC.

How's the spring coming?

Michael
f63cbb75.jpg

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info! the training is not cheap but i'm hoping that my boss is willing to sponsor. i'm the only one in the company that uses proe, so i don't really have someone to learn from and i thought the training will be a good source of tutorials and demos.

Regarding the spring, well, i was in a hurry so i didn't have time to learn that method you suggested. i changed the pitch value slightly to prevent the ends overlapping the spring and it worked. i need to find the time to try out your method though!

gwen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back