Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pull down menu - Combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombak71

Mechanical
Aug 23, 2002
AU
Hi all, I have another question which I think some of you guys can halp me with.
I wanna create pull down menu or combo box with multiple entries. For example I wanna create spreadsheet with daily working hours for each day ie I am trying to put up a combo box with the names of all employees, so that we don't have to type their names each time, but just select name from the combo box.
Any clues what would be the easiest way to do that.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tombak71,

I think what you should probably use is the standard Excel Data|Validation menu. Just have your staff names listed (in a named range, for instance) and apply Data Validation to the cells. Look up Excel help on "data validation" for more details.

Regards,

Brian

tombak71

Create your combox box, then right on it to display properties. You will see a property called ListFillRange. This is where you can enter the range of cells you want the combo box to show selections. For example, if all your names are in cells A1 to A20, then this property can be set to that range of cells. I prefer to create a named range and use that name for the ListFillRange property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back