Pump and Pipe Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

enve2011

Civil/Environmental
Mar 25, 2010
CA
Hello,

Hopefully I can get a little piece of info I need for a class design project.

I am looking for a rough price estimate on Ipex Blue Brute 30 mm pipe (and unit length) and a rough price on a municipal water pump.

Anything would help.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you're going to have to do a little homework on this one. and provide some more details of what you want. One inch pipe for a municipal water system? really? What flow, what pressure, installed? is this pvc pipe? what specification? any valves? controls for the pump? building or site improvements for the pump? is this for a treatment plant? installed in a street? trenched or bored? pavement to replace? how deep to install? soil and groundwater conditions? what country? how fast?

I would say $10 for the pipe and $50,000 for the pump

I assume that you are referring to 300 mm pipe. That goes for around $200 per foot when installed in a parkway. The price for an installed pump station is around $1 million.

Oops, that would be 300 mm PVC pipe, running at about 180 kPa (up to say 240 kPa). I'm just looking for a price per unit, not installed; just pipe. Also, what kind of costs would I be looking at for elbows and tees? Once again,just a rough price.

Thanks again.

fittings are often included in the unit price. Again, we need a lot more information.

Do you want the price in dollars or Euros?
Do you want restrained or bell and spigot joints on your pipe?
You say 240 kPa - I assume that is kilopascals, that equates to just 35 psi. Is this a low pressure irrigation pipe? Or is it municipal potable water?

How many gpm for your pump station? Or do you just want the one pump? Vertical turbine pump? Just 35 psi? Do you need the driver also? How about MCC, switchgear, check valves, pressure gages, flow meter, concrete pad, roof and/or walls, duplex or triplex pump, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back