Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pump curve 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivrah

Mechanical
Feb 15, 2011
AU
hello all,
just wondering if anyone has the following pump curve:
PUmp: worthington
Model:6LR-13A
Rpm: 1475
kW: 30

thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

BigInch,
i'll be happy with a good approximate.
its an old pump in the turbine room and unsurpringly the pump curve is nowhere to be found in our system.

Artsi, that link just sent me to a jackpot of curves, that's awesome. I love google. Although now I don't remember anything because I just rely on tech to remind me...

It's not too hard to reverse engineer a curve with a surprizingly little amount of information. A basic quadradic curve can be drawn with the assumption Head at BEP and a 1.28 rise to shutoff, which will catch a whole lot of pumps, and that can be refined with a few other bits here and there. Start with assuming a typical centrifugal curve class. The curve number itself already gives away that it's a 13" impeller and a 6" diameter discharge. The more extra bits if info you can find out, the better the final curve. Estimating flow by assuming 10 fps at suction and 22 fps at dischage, is one example. Bouncing tangential velocity and head calculated from that, off the rpm and impeller diameter and estimated flowrates, eventually the bits start falling in place.

What would you be doing, if you knew that you could not fail?

Nivrah,
The 1170rpm curve is all you need to redraw a 1480rpm curve to give you accurate information, if you need assistance please ask - we can guide you in how to do it.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back