Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pump Curves for IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDS1

Mechanical
Jan 20, 2004
US
I need pump curves for Ingersoll Rand APL series pump. In particular 12 and 14. My real question is who now represents the APL pump line. It appears Ingersoll Rand no longer markets the APL series.

Thank you,

DDS1

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

DDS1, I/R pumps was picked up by the Flowserve Pump Division, along with a bunch of other pump manufacturers. Flowserve has since combined the lines, and culled duplicates from their new product line and outsourced a number of them. Check the following link:

Good luck.
saxon

Saxon,

Thanks for your reply. We had contacted our local rep. for flowserve and he is looking for the curves. I should have elaborated a bit. The pump is a number of years (decades)old. We had hoped that like many other dated lines someone had aquired the casting rights and were still casting the old IR APL series pumps and selling them under some other brand. They quite possibly would have then the archives containing the older curves for this series. We have provided several pump vendors the pertinent information and they are persuing it. Thanks again Saxon.

DDS1

If you have these pumps and can measure them, including the impeller, then it should be possible to dream up an approximate performance curve. Unless it is a real oddball.

Cheers

Steve

One of the pump vendors has produced the sought after curves.

smckennz, The pumps are in a 24hr service and several states away. We have in the past taken measurements and plotted our own pump curves but only after exhausting other resourses, like this one. Thanks for your reply.

DDS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back