Pump for oil/water sandy service

Status
Not open for further replies.

joisy

Chemical
Feb 6, 2003
US
Hello Everyone!

I need to choose the pump for water/oil sandy service: the blend is to be pumped fro the atmospheric tank - 0.3 m static head to the vessel with 6 barg pressure. The blend contents the significant amount of sand - upto 3%. 80 cub.m/h is the required capacity

can you please advise me the vendor and issues that you think I need to pay attention during a selection process

thanks in advance,
Joisy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a member of this forum that works for REDA Pump.
He is knowledgeable and experienced, confident in his work and pays attention to the customer. So, I suppose I am recommending REDA.

PUMPDESIGNER

Sounds good, but I'd like to get a reply here from such an expert. I was working with the several sales persons from the different pump suppliers and it looks like they do not understand my issues well.

cheers,
Joisy

Your duty does not sound that extreme. If you have concerns, talk to some centrifugal slurry pump manufacturers.
Warman and GIW are two that come to mind although there are other good manufacturers. Certainly talk to REDA since someone has taken the time to recommend them. I tend to shortlist on the basis of local support.
You should be talking about materials; elastomers will give you a long life abrasion-wise, but many are affected by oils.
You will probably wind up with a hard chrome iron impeller and perhaps a volute polyurethane liner but this depends on the liquid properties/analysis and how long you want the pump to last. Sometimes I use a cheap cast iron pump on this sort of duty if it is only temporary.

Cheers

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back