Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pump Nameplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomjohn

Mechanical
Jun 6, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have a nameplate on a large pump and I need to identify as much from the nameplate as possible.

I am interested in any efficiency information to identify how energy efficient the motor is.

I am also trying to find out what all the others mean too.

Thanks for any help.
Rob

Here are the details

Manufacturer - KSB
Type - KRTK350-501 11206XG - 497/4
Number - 3 - MO3 - 737 - 779
Q - 413 litres / sec
DKN - 2806 - 903 ~3
p2 102kw - 990l/min
400 / 690V
200 / 116A
CE 0032 -EX 112G EEx d11B
T - JPTB - 03 Atex 1088
IP - 6851
1a / 1n - 7.3
1850kg Class F
H - 15.1m
M no. 096664
50hz / 40 degrees C
Cos - 0.79

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You state that you "need to identify as much from the nameplate as possible".

Your best source for that information is found at:

KSB should be more than happy to answer the questions of any of its customers regarding any pump that was purchased from them. That is where your specific hardware answers lie, not here in this Forum. You should contact them and request specific information and data.

Don't be naive; KSB doesn't manufacture electric motors. And we certainly can't tell the efficiency of a motor whose name we don't even know. From the nameplate on the motor, do the same thing and contact the motor manufacturer. This is basic, practical project engineering that should have been already done - if not attempted.

most of the standard data are there, but i'm not sure about the rated speed.

can you measure energy that is actually delivered to fluid, and consumed power from electric network? this can give you an overall efficiency, and a rough idea how well the pump works in the design point (413 l/s) and in normal operating point.

BEP eta for large KSB clean water pump shall be greater than 80%, up to maybe 86%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back