Pump Search - Small, Manual, Positive Displacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

acspain

Mechanical
Feb 23, 2011
US
Good Afternoon All,

Can you suggest a Small (single digit cubic inch, about 60 psi capability), Manual (tight control on volume), Positive Displacement pump?

My target right now are catheter inflation pumps as they meet the requirements above but since they are considered medical devices it is not a simple exchange of money to buy one. Purchasing is working towards acquiring one. I can find manual piston pumps (Enerpac) and high pressure manual screw thread pumps but they are big and you can't directly observe the fluid being pushed. And internet searching is not providing what I want since without my prior knowledge of the catheter pump existence the internet is not suggesting them.

Cook Inflation Pump
HIP Manual Pump

Background for the curious: I am trying to evacuate and backfill with silicone oil a volume that includes two metal bellows. The challenge is that the last part of the fill has to be done with pressure to deflect the two bellows a certain amount. One bellows is relatively easy to measure while the other is buried in the assembly and from normal variation not identical. We have accomplished this successfully once but the process is not fully under control. I think the pump describe above along with additional fixturing would provide the control we need.

Thank you for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back