PUMP SELECTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torque100Nm

Mechanical
May 9, 2024
GH
Good day,
Please I need help on a project. I'm to select a three (3) submersible pumps to move water from a well of 7m to a of stream of about 1000m away from the well. The pumps has of 308GPM with Maximum head of 25.8m each and rated power for the pumps is 4kW each. The discharge size of the pumps is 65mm and suction is also 65mm. The problem I have now is the onsite pipe size which is 200mm HDPE. Will using reducers to connect the pump discharge from 65mm to 200mm to the total horizontal distance of 1000m work? All three (3) pumps will be connected to same discharge header to the stream.

Thank You

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=644a2f06-3981-4d20-9444-5618f03e5ca5&file=On_site_condition.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to look at the pump curves and at your friction losses.
IS there any more elevation gain over the 1000m?
You don't want so little flow resistance that the pumps are 'over running' way out to the high flow side of the curve.
You may want to use 65mm check valves and then 65mm line until you reach the header.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

What brand / model pump are you using?

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back