Pumpable Refractory/Insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmet

Materials
Jul 18, 2005
CA
Hello Everyone,

I had a recent assignment where we were looking at installing pumpable insulation into a casing due to hot spots. We were looking at Kaowool type HS pumpable. The product spec sheet recommends installation with an extrusion pump. Our vendor offers these pumps for rent, but they are currently all out for service at the moment. To get around this, I have been told you can use a hand pump instead, but I cannot seem to find any details or further information and our vendor does not offer the handpump as an option.

Has anyone ever used a hand pump for pumpable insulation before and if so can you direct me to a link of what sort of pump works?

This is mostly for information purposes because we are able to wait for the extrusion pump to become available. I have used pumpable before, but it was always with the extrusion type pump.

Thank you,
Rich

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rich;
Having been in fossil power generation for over 35+ years, I can say I have never seen refractory hand pumped into boiler skin casing spaces. I have only seem extrusion pumps used by our vendors or hand applied refractory in cyclones or refractory peers. I would wait for the pump.

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with you.

I would be curious to see this "hand pump". A few people have told me it can be done but no one can show me a picture or direct me to a proper one.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back