Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Pumping Stations - Pipelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

spipe

Petroleum
Feb 14, 2003
CH

In order to provide information to our clients, I need to know which are the basic attributes on pumping stations used on pipelines. I have a list with these attributes:

Delivery (scm/hour)
Pump thrust (m)
Rotation frequency (rpm)
Additional cavitations reserve (m)
Efficiency (%)
Weight (tons)

There is someone who could indicate me if there are other relevant information to add?
(As you have probably understood, I’m not an engineer... I'm a geologist…)

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you sure you are "pacticing within your area of expertice"? I am used to seeing liquids pumps sized in gpm or lpm. scm/h is used for gas compressors.

A head/volume/rpm/efficiency nomograph is a typical document to show the characteristic of a pipeline pump. The weight is not unimportant, but is ony considered a "basic attribute" on offshore applications.

spipe,

Are you trying to pump CO2 in a supercritical state for injection to enhance oil production? If you are then you need to be very cautious when dealing with CO2 in the supercritical state. If this is what you are trying to do contact me for help as I designed the first major CO2 pipeline (1970-1972) for moving CO2 using compression. In todays environment I use pumps designed for moving liquids with gas seals developed for CO2. J. D. Jackson B.S. M.E. & B.S. E.E.
TransContinental Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back