Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

pv elite design

Status
Not open for further replies.

shailesh18

Mechanical
Jul 27, 2018
IN
Hello every one , i m newly joined member in design department so plz guide me ,
i have one query ,i couldnt understand meaning of Warning in pv elite: A Nozzle Reinforcement is governing the MAWP of this Vessel.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, it means that the lowest MAWP of all the components that make up the vessel is a nozzle reinforcement. Some client specifications prohibit this.

shailesh18, PVElte has a very comprehensive and useful documentation and help facility. Recommend you review it early and often. Get your self a good pressure vessel handbook such as Moss and keep it handy.

Regards

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

shailesh18, I neglected to welcome you to the forum, my apologies. You will find a wealth of information here posted by extremely knowledgeable people. The search function is very useful. Perhaps you might read the FAQ's. You may also be interested in the ASME Code forum also.

Regards,

Mike

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

And increasing reinforcement thickness will obviate the warning. Using self reinforced nozzle will be a better option especially when shell thickness is more than 50 mm, design temperature is upper than 345 degree celsius and in low temperature service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back