Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Python Preprocessing - Contact callable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyseducer

Materials
Apr 9, 2006
DE
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to make a preprocessing data in python so as to parametrise the geometry of my model so as the meshing density.

When starting my "data.py" in the NoGUI Mode , I get the error message :

-- typeError: "Repository" Object is not callable --

myModel.interactionProperties(name='contactproperties').TangentialBehavior

I would like to ask if it is possible to modelise contact using the python interface. I Had no problems by now in modeling the geometry so as the meshing but I've quite blocked on that contact definition. I would be pleased to get some advice.

Thank you in advance

myModel.interactionProperties(name='reibungprop').TangentialBehavior
myModel.SurfaceToSurfaceContactStd(name='reibung',createStepName='Step-1',master = (ImpactorLine,) , slave= (topLine,), Sliding=Finite, interactionProperty = 'reibungprop')

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, it is possible to model contact using ABAQUS Scripting Interface.

myModel.interactionProperties(name='reibungprop').TangentialBehavior

the line above is incorrect!

TangentialBehavior() is a method (i.e. class function) not an attribute. You should use "()".

Thank you Xerf.

Actually, I first got the command in using the Cae interface command ( as I think that was the easiest way to learn how the structure of a preprocessing python file is made) and just copied the corresponding files that were written in the ".rpy" in my python file. I'd perhaps made a bad "copy-paste".

After doing the modifications, I still got the same message and I may say that I don't really know why it's not working.

I would try again to modelise the contact with Cae and try to get the right commands...

I actually found a second little script error . I thought the structure was wrong but I do think now, the programmer was not typing really well. Thank you Xerf for your help .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back