Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Q-Deck Capacities 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CottageGuy

Structural
May 22, 2002
US
Does anyone have any information on the capacities of Q-Deck?? I am trying to analyze an existing Q-Deck roof for new loads, but I do not have the original drawings.

I know the dimensions of the deck, and can assume the minimum thickness (for starters), but I don't know the yield stress.

It's about 30years old.
Thanks,
CG

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jed,
What are ICBO reports?
I'm looking for design tables, similar to what VicWest produces. Span versus loading.
My span is about 30', with a loading about 100psf (or more). I haven't looked specifically at the loads, because I was looking for tables first.
The deck is 10" deep.
Thanks,

ICBO Reports are code accepted documents giving design related information on manufactured items. If you have a manufacturer, I could check our files. It sounds like a cellular deck made by Robertson or Fenestra, but all the data I have only is for decks less than 7 1/2 inches deep.

Jed,
I don't have a manufacturer. Essentially, the client has pointed at the deck and asked if it works for the new loads!! If you don't have data for decks as large as 10" then I will try a few manufacturers directly.
Thanks for your help.
CG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back